Friday, June 19, 2009

To Pin or to Pocket Mirror? That Is the Question

One of my favorite things to do is make cross stitch initials (monograms). Once the stitching is done I press it into either a pocket mirror or a pinback button that can be worn. I mainly do these for gifts but I have sold a few. I want to do one for a very special lady that has been a huge inspiration to me on so many levels. The problem? I don't know if I should do a pin or a mirror for her, and I don't really want to ask because I want it to be a surprise. What to do, what to do?

This is a sample of the cross stitch initials.
with the pinback

with the mirror back...

So, should I just ask the recipient which one they'd prefer?



2 comments:

MB Moellenhoff said...

I love surprises! I would say a button so she could show it off. Very cool idea!

Operation Smiley Face said...

Thanks for your input. I am leaning toward the pin too. I am planning to send it out on Monday, so I better make up my mind before then. :)